Why Ebooks?

Ebook is short for Electronic Book, in particular PDF format. This format allows you to view the book on your computer and print off copies for your own personal use.

Normally it is downloaded, but we can attach it to an email if you prefer.

Just for your general information, Ebooks have many advantages over typical hard copy books.

They are easily copied to multiple locations (no more oops, I left my book behind).

You can print any or all pages from your computer with original quality (no more poor quality photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy).

They are lighter and take up less space.

They save trees and cost you less.

You can use your computer to search thru them (no more thumbing thru warn out pages).

They last for ever, never fade and you can't spill coffee on them.

They are also typically more current than hard copy versions as they can be updated with no cost to the publisher.

Many titles, for the reasons above, are sold in Ebook format only.

Authors (as well as publishers) soon realized the great advantages of Ebooks over hard copies.


Source:
Feed Forward Publications






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Keep These Ingredients Around!

By Shawn Garza


When I have to cook for my wife and the family, believe me when I say that I don't always want to do so. But, hey, the Fam's gotta eat so the burden rests on me to get something on the table pronto. I know that if I have the following ingredients in my pantry, fridge or freezer, I can have something ready before you know it.



Pasta --
Fills 'em up and it's ready quickly. I keep a variety such as spaghetti, fettucini, bowties, etc.

Garlic --
Bow down before Lord Garlic. For simplicity's sake you can buy the garlic in a jar. It keeps well in the fridge.

Frozen Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts --
These usually come in a plastic bag and can be thawed in the microwave or in a sink of hot water. (Pay attention to poultry and the threat of Salmonella. Thaw poultry either as quickly as possible or over a couple of days in the refrigerator.)

Pork and Beef Country Style Boneless Ribs --
I usually buy these in large "economy" packs. I will thinly slice some, cube others and leave other whole. Freeze the different types separately. Although this may not be the best cuts of meat, for quick and easy meals they can't be beat.


Milk, Butter & Eggs --
The Trinity of the Kitchen.

Various Cheeses -- Duh!

Onions --
I like red onions for their milder flavor and the bit of color they add.

Tomatoes (Fresh) --
I like Romas. I've found they keep better in the vegetable drawer of your refrigerator.

Tomatoes (Canned) --
Stewed, sauce, paste, diced, whole, etc. These are very versatile and definitely come in handy.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil --
Big Mama in my kitchen. Although there are different types of olive oil, I use the extra virgin variety exclusively.

Herbs & Spices --
The staples include: basil, oregano, Italian (blend of spices), chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, Kosher salt, black pepper (in a pepper grinder), the Simon and Garfunkle group (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme).

Dijon Mustard --
This is truly one of my staples. You can use is as a rub on chicken or pork, add it as an ingredient in sauces, or make a quick vinaigrette with it.

Balsalmic Vinegar --
Although not an essential part of the kitchen, I do like to have it around. It adds flavor to sautees, sauces, and vinaigrettes that can't be beat.

Ginger Root --
Although getting the fresh root and grating it is better, for quick-and-easy Asian-inspired meals such as stir fry, use the kind you can find in a small jar. Be careful: A little of this stuff goes a LONG way!

Frozen Vegetables --
I like the whole, thin green beans, especially. I can slap them in boiling water, add a little garlic, Kosher salt and ginger and, Alakazam! I have an elegant side dish
Well, there you have it. Keeping these things around will insure that you can get a meal prepped, cooked and served in one hell of a hurry.


You can learn more about being A Stud in the Kitchen at
2 Bums Cooking.

Shawn Garza is one of the two creative leads of 2 Bums Cooking, a website for men to show them how to be a Stud in the Kitchen.
Article Source:
http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Shawn_Garza

No comments:

New and Popular eBooks


New eBooks....here

Most Popular eBooks... here

ebooks CATALOGUE....here